home / Eclipse

Category: Eclipse

Eclipse: Save could not be completed some characters cannot be mapped using "MacRoman"

  I came across this issue when I tried to save my .java file in a newly-installed Eclipse.

Unable to connect Caused by- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException- weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory

  I was created a java class, which would be used to connect to an exposed data source within the Weblogic domain though I was experiencing the following the following error:

No Content Assist 'No Default Proposals' Even After Enabling Java Proposals

  Once I installed eclipse to Juna from Juno, I managed to get the software up and running though I was not receiving any content assistance when I began coding

contextInitialized - ServletContextListener Example

  The example below shows how to setup a listener (which sits on your web application server waiting for something to happen One way to automatically set this up is be implementing a ServletContextListener

Eclipse Issue: framework.EquinoxConfiguration$1 cannot be cast to java.lang.String

  I noticed this issue when my eclipse decided to hang when compiling to my web server and because i'm impatient and decided to force close, I was then receiving the following error java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxConfiguration$1 cannot be cast to java.lang.String (I managed to get this error showing when I attempted to startup the application with the ./Applications/eclipse/eclipse --debug command

ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use

  When attempting to startup the weblogic managed server, I would receive an ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use error.

eclipse stuck on org.eclipse.ui.editors

  Despite my admiration Working with eclipse and Mac, I've experienced similar situations though with the same issue; eclipse would start up though it would hang with the gui progression, 'Loading org.eclipse.ul.editors'